Friday, January 7, 2022

January 7th Blog Post

 Hey everyone. Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. I'm excited to share with you some of the songs I've been working on. Here's a little but about what's been going on before I share some new sounds...

The date is 1/7/2022. All has been going  well for quite some time. I’m really looking forward to sharing my new songs and I think that using the blogging platform has been really helping me to write new songs. I also created a new website where I’m going to be uploading my messages that I started doing in the fall regarding the word of God. I really thinking praying and journaling has helped ease the stress and tension surrounding the songwriting and therefore I’m really excited to get these blog posts and new songs and more out there into the world, so we can make it a really good 2022 complete with new merch items, music videos, and even a How Great Thou Art 2.

 

Christmas went really well. I received books in regards to the word of God such as Anxious for Nothing by Max Lacado. The book is really relaxing and helps remind me that in scripture God tells us that there is nothing to be anxious about because in his word he promises to take care of us and promises to guide us in and throughout this life. I’ve also learned through my pastor and through reading the bible that God has a much bigger and better plan for us than we can even begin to realize here on earth.

 

I also received a book called Jesus Calling for Christmas and I have enjoyed reading that book every morning too. It often leads me to various scriptures in the bible. Going to bible studies and prayer meetings has been going well. I’ve been focusing on many new scriptures. I really like the scripture about how God crucifys the flesh. The scripture is in Galatians 5:24. There’s also a lot of new ones that I’ve been focusing on that have been helping me on my walk. I really like 1 Corinthian 3:13 about faith and works being tested by fire.

The songs are really becoming a channel for what’s been going on at the Mansion Church.

Sharing the new songs is a lot of fun because I’m able to go back on the songs and see just how the lyrics have become impacted by the Sunday Services. In my blogs I’m really excited to share the setlists that I’ve been creating at the Sunday Services. I’ve started in a journal jotting down all the hymns that were performed at the Sunday Service when it all started August 9th, 2021. Ever since, I have nearly eliminated sin from my life and continue to pray on a daily basis and ask for help on that walk. It has been a lot of fun writing songs and working with new ideas and thoughts when it comes to the topic of God as well as many other topics I’ve written on in the past, comedy, love, anything I’ve focused on.

 

This year 2022, I’m excited to really practice staying in rhythm. I remember when I was younger a lot of the pieces I would play that were written by Beethoven and Mozart and Bach and Chopin would help me to practice rhythm. Having one hand keep a rhythm while the other hand keeps a rhythm. This is something I think is important to incorporate into ones songwriting because it really exercises muscles in the brain and it helps us to stay focused on the task at hand. Warm ups with our focals, covering various different songs, rhythm exercises, these are all very beneficial to the every day songwriter. And in 2021, I really learned the power of Jesus’s teaching. Because all my life, it seems that I’m constantly searching for someone to teach me more about music or lead me into a new stage in my life, but in 2021 I really understand just how much Jesus is able to teach us and direct our paths and lead us to new places in our life, where we belong and ultimately I guess it is God who knows what is best for us.

 

The walk with God has helped immensely in my songwriting and as I blog, I’m reminded of the songs that I’ve written lately that I’m holding back from the world. Because I don’t want to overwhelm the listener and the reader. I want him to be in control of the blogging and the songwriting and whatever it is I’m releasing.

 

So in this blog post, journal entry I’m going to take a break from writing and read the word of God and read some of the books I’ve been reading surrounding the word of God so I can try and get a sense of how God wants to control the music that I’ve been writing as well as the blogging and journaling and more and see how he wants to take control of this vehicle.

 

I feel like in 2022, the goal is really to find a routine that’s working in regards to being able to be a musician who is close to God.

I’ve shared a whole bunch of new songs to blogger and my weebly website. 

My goal is to really construct them and memorize them so I can move onto new songs. I have 2 albums planned for the next years and I'm starting up my Christian class very soon.

The first semester went very well and I really just want to be building fruit in my life. 

Everything has been going well. Scripture would say not to let any relationship experience any kind of stress or tension (site scripture).

I've learned we all share the same in Christ so doing messages has eased the songwriting immensely. 

Phil 2:5 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.

Titus 2:15 - Speak these things, exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you. 

Phil 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 


Writing songs and playing at the Mansion Church on Sunday has gone really well. Pretty soon I'm going to be sharing all the setlists I've done at the Sunday Services. Learning the hymns has gone really well. At the moment, I'm gathering prayer requests and praises so that we can keep praying for one another and celebrating when good things come our way. 


I'm really excited to have some final projects of these songs all wrapped up soon and working on them has been a lot of fun. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements in regards to the music, How Great Thou Art 2, and a lot of fun exciting things we have planned for 2022. 

God bless, and stay tuned!


-Zach




No comments: