Saturday, February 17, 2018

What Can Love Do? (The Demos)

What Can Love Do? (The Demos)



Hey! Welcome back to the blog. I'm excited to share with you the surprise I recently announced. Check out what I have to share with you.



What Can Love Do? (The Demos)
1.) Higher Than I've Ever Been
2.) The Audition
3.) Something About This Place
4.) What Love Can Do
5.) Love and rooms
6.) High In Love


Links:
Noisetrade: What Can Love Do? (The Demos)
Archive.org: What Can Love Do? (The Demos)





The Drake Album Art:




I am sharing with you a handmade EP I made. The songs on What Can Love Do? are songs that were written after we recorded The Drake (update below). I wrote these songs about distance and how it feels to love and miss someone. The oldest song on the list, Love and Rooms, began to form on October 1st, 2017 after coming across an improv recording, recorded in 2016 titled something like Sunshine Can. The song is solely about love and was originally released to Soundcloud with the title, That Place. With Love and Rooms, I wanted to write a song that gets that message of love out there. After writing a few lines, I could feel where the song was going. By the second verse, I started to understand that I wanted the song to be about love. With lines like, "If love walked into the room, I'd write about it and share it with only you", I wanted to push the concept further and express how much I love you for being a reader, a listener, and someone who reciprocates the feelings. I go on to say "I'm gonna love you now" and "I'm gonna make sure that's all that I will be about". I like to remind myself to be love, and I think it's important we all do this from time to time. It's not always easy to be love. Sometimes people throw us off by making us angry or surprise us by telling us things we don't want to hear. Even in the downest of downs, I always jam out an old tune and listen to the message of love pouring out onto the track. It's my belief that if you write way more than you can even possibly comprehend about love, than you can look back on what you write and say, Wow it really is love. You can say look at this 120% amount of love that this track is about, and even if you're down, you can feel good that something good is coming soon. I just want to be love to the highest power. I want to surprise you by telling you good things, and allowing you to feel the love you're hearing, and then do something good for someone else. Just be love. Don't worry. I love you. I want to remind you this in every possible second. I will push myself to be that person.


So, Love and Rooms, is about love. Let me chat about some of the other songs on What Can Love Do? and then we'll get to The Drake update. Ok, so right off the bat, I want to quickly express my motivation in the What Can Love Do? message. What Can Love Do? is more than a handmade EP of demos, but it's also a continuing question I will be forming as we get closer to The Drake release. When the time comes to start touring, I would love to name the tour What Can Love Do? Because love can do a lot of things. Love can create inspiration, happiness, motivation, and good feelings. Love can be the highest and purest form of satisfaction for mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters. Love can change lives, and help people in need. I want this movement that I'm creating to start changing lives and lifting others up. I want the message What Can Love Do? to start a wave of excitement and energy. I'm going to continue to gather responses from the question What Can Love Do?


High In Love, just like Love and Rooms started forming on November 17th, 2017 after coming across another improv recording titled, What Are The Odds?, which was recorded in 2016. High in Love, is sort of like a canvas that has been splattered with paint. There are a few different messages in it from good things are coming soon to the beauty of someone you love. While working by the ocean in Prospect Harbor, ME, lines began to form about the ocean and traps that might be dropped from a lobster fishing boat. I was inspired every day that I was in Prospect Harbor by the ocean, and that reflected in the lyrics.


Alright, so it's about that time to talk about The Drake. The Drake has been pushed back a little bit. Updates, previews, and tour dates are subject to be released as time goes on. One of the reasons we have pushed back the release date is so that we can develop additional media and shows and make it a release that is complete with more than just an album. The release date for The Drake will be released as time goes on. As soon as the release date is confirmed, I will announce it. And I am going to try to make it so that announcement is released to you as soon as possible. Hopefully we can confirm the release date by the end of April.


Once the decision was made, I began to rack my mind of what I can do to satisfy you and give you something to enjoy in the meantime since a lot of people were under the impression that The Drake was going to be released this winter. What Can Love Do? came to mind shortly after announcing that I will be releasing the album artwork for The Drake. I had a handful of songs that have yet to be properly released, and I jumped to the idea of recording them as demos and posting them to song sharing websites such as Noisetrade.com, and Archive.org. What Can Love Do? (The Demos) was recorded with the same handheld recorder that recorded the demos for tracks such as Tell Me How and After The Rain. I've loved that recorder since I got it probably at the age of 16 or 17. The recorder is stuffed with old recordings and memories made in my hometown of Auburn, NH. I will retire it one day and give it to someone who needs it or can make use of it. For now, I will put it to good use as I'm now 28 years old and will be 29 on May 21st. So anyone, it's 11:51pm on February the 17th, 2018 and I can bet that you're probably excited for spring and warm weather. I really hope this release helps you to get there and puts an extra pep in your step for a while. After all, the world needs you and I think you rock! 


Thanks for checking out my new handmade EP, What Can Love Do? and The Drake Album Art I hope you guys enjoy the tracks. Keep on writing and stay positive. It's really not easy but music can be a very helpful tool that will help uplift, inspire, and change lives. I love everything you do and I am so excited to hear what else is to come. Focus on the now, go forth with love, and strive for greatness. Reach, reach, and reach again. You are loved.

To tomorrow,
Zach

No comments: